Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fishing camp and cooking !

In winter fishing trips are usually short - because of day length and temperature. Although sometimes I go for danube salmon or sea trout and spend there whole one or two days. 
In this case if i don't want to freeze or get seek I need to use the same equipment I use in summer while longer fishing camps.

Cooking equipment!!

Hot coffe and grilled sausage during the cold winter day is something awesome and helps me to return to the game!

 There are 3 main elements of my cooking equipment. Multitool, Portable BBQ and mobile gas stove. When it is summer and you have access to dry wood you can replace bbq with simple fire, although it could be difficult in winter. There are many types of light small mobile bbq's like Gelert Portable BBQ

bbq for fishing trips

My best memories from long cold fishing days are related with small picnics in the middle of fishing, cooking fresh coffee and talk with friends about the experience from the first part of the trip, working on some strategies for the "second round" 

Small gas stove is cheap and easy to use. For longer camps You can think about something bigger, but for one days trips Gosystem Trek Classic Cartridge Stove is exactly what you need!


Stove for fishing trips

The only thing you need now is a good multitool to prepare your meal, clean you fish for the bbq or repair your equipment. In you still don't have one - it has to change. I find Leatherman Skeletool CX Tool as ideal for me

Multitool for fishing gear

Good fishing trip is not only about fishing. It's an adventure... Try it and maybe... come to Poland - I'll show you how we do it! :)

Fishing for asp in Poland






No comments:

Post a Comment