Friday, December 8, 2017

Zanders in the middle of the mountains...

I have to big passions that drives me to leave my home as often as possible to look or adventure. One of them is fishing. This hobby started for my my father when he took my fishing for the first time long time ago. No we still go fishing together and those moments are really important for me.

Second hobby is trekking in the mountains. This passion began with meeting my wife. She loves mountains and everything related with them.  Now we spend almost all of our vacations in the mountains.


czorsztyn-zander-fishing

photo of Czorsztyn lake in Winter

photo of Czorsztyn lake at sunrise


Needless to say, that if it was possible to connect those two passions I didn't have to think twice. Fishing for my favorite fish - zander in a big dam reservoir on a mountain river (Dunajec), surrounded by mountains (Pieniny and Gorce) was like the best idea ever.


zander fishing in Czorsztyn lake


Czorsztyn is a huge and deep artificial lake with clear water and lot of different species of fish. You can catch here natural lake species like pike, perch, zander, bream, roach, but also species that usually live in mountain streams and rivers like trout or danube salmon. My goal was of course zander and this year I visited Czorsztyn a few times with success. Fishing in deep so lake is different than fishing in my other fisheries. Normally I look for zanders in shallow spots: 2 - 5m (6ft - 15ft) but now my shallow spots were 10m (30ft) and sometimes I had to fish much deeper - up to 25m (75ft). I had to learn a lot, but many bites and beautiful zanders rewarded everything and I know I will fish n Czorsztyn lake more often next year!  


zander caught with kogut lure

Big zander caught in the morning

Zander caught in december

Czorsztyn lake zander

No comments:

Post a Comment